...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today...

There are a ton of facts about each day on the internet. Here's just a few I found about today...with comments.

Today is Thursday, Jan. 31, the 31st day of 2008. There are 335 days left in the year. Incase you needed to get your Christmas shopping started.

Today's Highlight in History:

Fifty years ago, on Jan. 31, 1958, the United States entered the Space Age with its first successful launch of a satellite into orbit, Explorer I.

On this date:
In 1606, Guy Fawkes, convicted of treason for his part in the "Gunpowder Plot" against the English Parliament and King James I, was executed.

In 1797, composer Franz Schubert was born in Vienna, Austria. Incase my Wii friends are reading..Schubert was not from HUNGARY!

In 2008, four friends gathered to eat soup and play Wii. Not too exciting, but the kids were in school and our husbands were at work! Who has time to sit around and watch soaps while eating bon-bons? Although bon-bons do sound tasty!

Sweetcakes rocks in bowling. I think she was hustling us and I'm glad we didn't have any money riding on the outcome. Maybe I'll see if she likes Wii pool next?.

:)

No comments: