...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Aunt Hootie and Kyle...


At "Little Rock"...Gettysburg, PA. November 23, 2007.
*
When Kyle was just learning how to talk he called everything "Ba". But there was one thing he named. When someone would point to me and say "Kyle, Who's that?" He'd reply, "Hootie!"
*
Over time, my husband started calling me Hootie. In crowds I'm the only person who will answer to that name.
*
It's not right to have a favorite. So I'll not use that word. That said, I don't know what it is about the connection I feel to Kyle. I can't explain it. I don't even have to say anything to him when we are together. I just feel a certain closeness that exists. I love all my neices and nephews, but Kyle...there is something special at him. :)

No comments: