...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Continuing life...new concerns...

Yesterday my husband called me to tell me he had a "talk" with his dad's doctor. Without breaking any HIPA laws, the doctor alluded that he is "concerned" about my FIL. For the past two months we have been concerned too. Dad has lost a lot of weight without trying. He is lethargic and pale looking. He has been to the doctor and the doctor at first said nothing seems to be wrong. He did have a cold/virus a few months ago and the doctor gave him antibiotics then. Apparently the doctor has run some blood tests on dad and wants to do a stomach scan.

Dad is anemic. I don't know if he knows that yet. The doctor should be telling him soon. My husband and I will just have to wait and see how things play out. Then we will do whatever we need to do to help the situation.

Life is never boring. Is Leukemia in our future? Stomach Cancer? Dad has just seemed "Off" since spring break. I don't know how else to describe him.

No comments: