...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Indiana's Coach Hep, another GBM loss?

So having all the knowledge I have of GBM and living in Bloomington, Indiana it wasn't a surprise to me that Coach Hep died this morning from a brain tumor. But information has been kept very private (rightly so), was it GBM? Only 18 months for his battle. He was 59.

I feel for his family. I am sure they were able to cherish their time together. I hope that with Coach Hep's battle maybe some more information about brain cancer was gleamed. There is a Proton Therapy clinic here in town, hopefully it was used and useful and can help others in the future.

I still have a lot of unanswered questions...what causes primary brain cancers? Can we prevent them? Am I at risk? Are my loved ones and friends at risk? Is it environmental or genetic? I have compassion too...it's hard to watch someone you love be unable to control what is happening to them. It's hard to know what to say and what to do to help them. What a demeaning disease brain cancer can be.

God bless you Coach Hep. We'll all say an extra prayer for your family.

No comments: