...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Saturday, October 09, 2010

HIdden Mickey...In the Woods of Indiana?

Do you recognize the shape above? If Mickey Mouse first popped into your mind, then you know how to identify a Hidden Mickey!

Originally used as an inside joke among Disney Designers and Imagineers, common folk can search the Disney property while on vacation for these hidden symbols too. Click here for a more detailed description about them: What are Hidden Mickey's?

I found this HM on a tree base near my house. It looks like some sort of a fungus on the tree to me, but I immediately thought Hidden Mickey! before I thought fungus.

3 comments:

Lauranie said...

ONLY because you visit Disney more than ANYBODY I know!! :D Good find, you should submit it to a Disney site..they should have a site dedicated to all of the HM around the world!! P. S. My sister is booking our trip this week...we are giving up Mardi Gras next year!! Crazy, I know!

Lisa said...

Giving up Mardi Gras? I bet you can find something Mardi Gras themed happening at DW when you are there! Be warned, those Disney folks go over-the-top and don't be surprised if you find yourself wanting to spend ALL Mardi Gras there after next Spring! :)

On a side note...working on that Brad Pitt tutorial. I'm finding out that purchasing parts is working better this year than making them myself. Pictures up in a few weeks! :)

Lauranie said...

We only booked to the 9th because Bella has to go back to school Friday..but the husband is already wanting to extend it until Saturday..I'll let HIM deal with the Truancy Board! HA! I am SO EXCITED!! We are staying on the grounds this time...can't WAIT! I know that the Flower Festival or whatever it is called is going on..but I've already got some Mardi Gras Mickey's ready to embroider on my machine! :D