...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Monday, December 13, 2010

X-rated Woods! a.k.a. The Kinsey Trail

Gall Wasps: 70% of the known species live on various types of Oak Trees, per Wikipedia under Gall Wasp. There are a lot of Oak Trees in the woods here.

Alfred Kinsey, first studied gall wasps but in 1947, was the founder of The Institute for Sex Research at Indiana University, again per Wikipedia...but I think this is fairly common knowledge.

I am regularly reminded that the hiking trails that Winston and I walk daily are used for research purposes. Recently, while hiking a trail near the area where Kinsey may have done some of his research, I spotted a few trees that reminded me of this most famous researcher.

I now call the trail that these trees are on, The Kinsey Trail.


No comments: