...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Can't let this go!

I am hoping that writing this will help me release a little of my tensions. Neighbors! They can be so strange. When I think of it, bet that's what they say about me too. Who cares!

I have a neighbor who moved here from Hawaii in late Sept. or October of 2006. No job, just a second interview. They didn't get the job but they did uprooted their family on the prospect of one. Did I mention it's been 17 months since they've had any income coming in!

Lots of crying on her part over those past 17 months. "Don't know what we are going to do...blah, blah, blah." My sympathetic ear and heart have felt truly torn over the past 17 months. Instead of donating through our church this fall and to the local food bank like I normally would do, I anonymously donated to them. It did feel good and right at the time. Now I am feeling like I've been had a bit though. I knew late last year - like at Thanksgiving that he had a job interview in a town four hours away. She cried about that...don't know if we should take it, blah, blah, blah. Their priorities are really messed up. A lot more comments on that later. The main point is, he got the job but turned it down.

What?

I thought they were in dire straights? Did I mention, 17 months with no job/supposed income coming in?

No more falling for those tears from me.

I am sure there is more to their story than meets the eye. My imagination runs wild.

No comments: