...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mix tapes...then and now...





As times have changed, the idea has not.

One of the nicest things to do for someone is to make them a 'mix tape'. In the olden days, when you liked someone you would take the time and compile enough songs to fill two sides of a cassette tape.
Even the order meant something. It's so easy to make 'tapes'...now CD's... today for certain events; travel, working out, sharing, sleeping, weddings, slide shows, etc.

Maybe my age, and the lack of receiving any mix tapes in the past 30 years, has made me melancholy. I wish the above old tape would play in a player still. As it has warped over the years no one can listen to it anymore. Thank goodness for iTunes. Gotta love the easy of downloading today. Still, I miss those days when I received my very own 'mix tape'.

No comments: