...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Monday, August 31, 2009

Showers of Happiness!

This weekend I had a bridal shower to attend.  My friends are registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond and we happen to have two shops in town.  I perused the registry list on-line at home, decided on my gift and went to the store to make my purchase.  Two stores in town and neither one had said item in stock!  Seeing as how the wedding is a few weeks away I decided BB&B could ship my gift directly to the bride.  

But as the shower was this weekend, I didn't want to go empty handed.  Here's my improv, hand made gift:  
When opened up it's a 10 inch by 10 inch hankie.  It started as a huge handkerchief which I cut into four pieces.  I charted the names on graph paper, used waste canvas and interfacing and added the lace as a last step.  I used blue DMC floss just in case the bride wants to use this as her "something blue".   On the opposite corner of the hankie I added the wedding date and the location.  

I was toying with posting a tutorial of how I made this hankie, but I've never done that and I'm not sure my readers would really like to see that.  

I'm glad my gift from BB&B wasn't in stock.  It was the push I needed to be creative this week.  

3 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

gorgeous and from the heart handmade! the best kind of gift lisa:) proud of you!

sweetcakes said...

Something they'll cherish forever. I love mine. :)

Lauranie said...

I MOST definitely love any tutorials you are willing to share!! :D It is beautiful and how thoughtful to think of the "something blue"!!