...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Hootie

Two weekends ago, I was in Chicago with my daughter.  She had ballet summer camp auditions to attend and I had site seeing to do!  In between, we did a little shopping.  While in one shop, I saw some cards that looked very much like this:  

I think they might have been mass produced, but I didn't look much past the $7.50 per card price.  Of course my crafting wheels started spinning and a little of my grandma came out in me as I heard myself whispering, "I can do that."  
*****
Now, my grams would always have the best of intentions.  IF she ever did get around to making whatever it was...it notoriously looked like crap it was home made.  

Not being held back by my grandmother's crafting memories, I created the above card for my hubby and added the text below on the inside.  

He had to head out of town this week very early Sunday morning, so I tucked my card into his luggage.  :)  

*****

If you remember being in elementary school, then you know what a very important holiday Valentine's Day can be!  I made these cards below for my friends...

inside it says, "Owl be...it's me!" 
The perfect Indiana Valentine's Card.  I hope all my cyber friends will consider this their little treat from me to them too.  Hugs and Kisses!  ~Hootie

P.S. Did you notice my roses?  My out-of-town hubby planned to have one of his friends bring these my way!
xoxoxo

2 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

What an adorable card, Lisa! too sweet! Mmmmm roses! Happy Valentine's Day to you honey!! xoxox

Steph said...

AWWW! Happy Vday to you, too.