...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Becoming an Earth Muffin

Help! I think I am becoming an Earth Muffin!

Yesterday I finally bought "green", reusable bags for my groceries. I've been eyeing them for the past several months. I've been torn between buying the reusable bags versus having the paper bags to recycle my newspapers in. I decided when I run out of brown bags I'll have to think of another option for my newspapers. Heaven forbid I should drive them, loosely gathered, two blocks away to the closest elementary school. They have a bin there and get a small amount of cash for the paper recycled. Maybe I will be forced to adopt that habit. Another Earth Muffin trait...helping others as I take care of the environment in this world!

I all ready check everything I buy - What number is the bottle it's in? What is it's packaging like? Can it be reused or recycled? Recycling while on vacation!

I should compost, but I toss stuff out to the birds and deer instead. I get that from my grandmother who fed everything to the animals. She was the prehistoric, first Earth Muffin in our family and an original.

I know there is more I could do to become an even better Earth Muffin. I'll keep working on what I can handle. What do you do?

Check out http://www.freerice.com/ daily. You can have fun and help feed the hungry. Spread the word! Hook your kids on this site. They won't even realise they are working on improving their vocabulary while becoming Earth Muffins in training.

:) Lisa

1 comment:

sweetcakes said...

Dear Earth Muffin,

Thanks for doing your part.

p.s. I haven't been able to get spell check to work weeks.