...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Monday, February 04, 2008

What makes an aunt an Aunt?

Just trying to figure the answer to this one out.

Over the weekend I was in a situation where I am clearly the Aunt yet was not addressed that way. Now, I was fine with it. It's not like I live close by and/or am talked to with any frequency.

It was only when someone who is clearly NOT blood, nor even close to being the Aunt was refered to by the parents as...tell "Aunt--------, hi" in my presence.

Kind of makes one pause and go, hmmm.

I am sure what was meant was because my sibling grew up with the illusion that this person was their aunt that their child should also have that same illusion. It just made my heart a bit sad.

No comments: