...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Summer Teenager...

My DH found this guy today and brought him inside to me! He knows how much I like Praying Mantis. :)

I grabbed my new friend and my camera and took him outside to my flowers. I'm guessing he's a teenager because he's barely half the length of what he'll be as an adult in just another two months. Praying Mantis tend to hatch out in late May around here and depending on our Fall temps, are still active until late October. Egg sacks start getting laid in September.

1 comment:

Kimara said...

I love Praying Mantis, too. I can go an entire season without seeing one around me house, though. I've been tempted to buy their larva in in spring to help control aphids. I haven't read about the environmental impact of doing that yet, though. Hope you had a nice afternoon with the "teen"!