...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Knitting Fun!

After I aban- doned that doll project, I started on this owl.  He's a cutie, but much larger than I'd like.  I used smaller needles, but it's still about 12 inches tall!

This was a fun project to try.  I need to work on my transitions from one color to the next.  The feet, wings and beak are all knitted separately and then sewn on to the body.  The eyes are felt, which make the signature owl look.  This guy is now residing in my spare bedroom.  He doesn't have a name yet.  Any one have a suggestion?

1 comment:

Lauranie said...

...well since Hootie seems to be taken... :D Cute owl though, nameless or not!