...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Beauty in the Woods

One of the neat parts of walking in the woods so much is that I am able to observe my surroundings better than someone new to the area.  On Wednesday, I spotted this little one  behind our house early in the day.  The next time out with Winston, it was still hanging around the same area!  I crossed my fingers, then went to pick my daughter up from school.  When we returned home, I cautiously said I knew where a fawn was resting...did she want to go see if it was still there?  She did, and here's what we saw!
The little one had shifted positions, but was still lounging.  
My teen REALLY wanted to touch this little one...can you blame her?  I knew she'd never get close enough because this was the same little one Winston and I had walked past the day before and it was pretty quick once it got up off the ground.   Still, she had to try!

No comments: