...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Friday, June 28, 2013

My Walkabout.....


--------- from Dictionary.com---------

walk·a·bout

noun
1.
Chiefly British .
a.
a walking tour.
b.
an informal public stroll taken by members of the royalfamily or by a political figure for the purpose of greetingand being seen by the public.
2.
Australian.
a.
a brief, informal leave from work, taken by an Aborigine towander the bush, visit relatives, or return to native life.
b.
absence from work.

va·ca·tion

noun
1.
a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usuallyused for rest, recreation, or travel; recess or holiday:Schoolchildren are on vacation now.
2.
a part of the year, regularly set aside, when normal activitiesof law courts, legislatures, etc., are suspended.
3.
freedom or release from duty, business, or activity.
4.
an act or instance of vacating.



In my search to remember Who I Am, I am leaving my home today to head on an adventure.  Since I am going alone, by myself, not meeting up with friends or family, I am having a hard time calling this a vacation.  Although clearly, after reviewing the definitions of vacation and walkabout on dictionary.com, it appears I am going more on a vacation.  My heart is struggling with the "alone" part...hence my desire to call this a walkabout. 

I give credit to two ladies for inspiring me to head out on my own for a short time of discovery.  First author Joan Anderson, who wrote A Year By The Sea.  I was definitely reminded as I read her book that I have spent the last 27 years of my life putting everyone else dear to me first...which mostly includes my husband and children.  The second lady I will credit is my mentor, whom I politely request to leave unnamed.   She is helping me through this transitional time in my life and her guidance and support mean the world to me.  

I'm not yet exactly sure what I expect to discover about myself over these next ten days, but I will chart my adventure here in my blog.  

Your comments, kind reader, are always welcome.  

No comments: