...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Wasn't going to go...but...



Well, I wasn't going to go to the Barack Obama rally that happened last night here in town.  I was all set to listen on-line to the live speech.  Then, 6:20pm rolled around, my son was pretty much done with his homework and his friend called and said, "Are we going?"  

By 7pm  the boys and I were in the hall, seated and into the moment.  Senator Obama's speech was suppose to be at 8:30.  At first I thought maybe I would be the odd man out as a still slightly skeptical voter sitting there ready to hear what the Senator had to say.  I was surprised how much like me the folks around me seemed to be.  I think all the fanatical folks were really down close...they had been waiting for hours for their spots.  The more realistic, thinkers didn't care where they sat.  We were there to HEAR the words and be in the moment.  

Truly it is time for a change.  I don't know how anyone could listen to Senator Obama and NOT feel like he connects with you.  He definitely oozes hope.  I like that.  



No comments: