...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Funny Valentine...

Chocolates, Flowers and Cards, OH MY!  

I love Valentine's Day because it's a time when we can stop and remind those around us that we care and that they are great human beings.  Today I received, via e-mail, a very thoughtful valentine gift!   An old friend sent me a song that I truly love.  It's not just the song though, it's the words to that song and the singer.  Elvis Costello is not on the main 'beaten path' of music, but he is on the 'road well traveled' as far as music affectionados go.  I enjoy EC's voice, music and lyrics.  Close to probably 30 years ago this same friend gave me a cassette with this same song on it...by EC.  It's perfect!  My Funny Valentine  When you click on the link I added, you should be taken to a page with a player in the right-hand corner of your screen.  Click the play button to hear this Fave-o-mine.  

I had a great day today.  Thanks to my husband, my kids, my in-laws, and my old friend, Stein.  I am blessed to have so many sweet people in my life!  Oops, can't forget my good friend Sweetcakes for the goodies and gift she gave me on Thursday.  Safe travels Sweetcakes, and Happy 1st B-day to your niece!  Can't wait to see those photos!  

No comments: