...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Romance!

I love candles!  Especially smelly jar candles!  My favorite scents are outdoor smells like pine, patchouli, lilacs and bayberry.  The "earthy" smells trigger a feeling of calm in me.  I also like apple scented jar candles with a touch of cinnamon.  

At dinner each night we have taper candles on the table and eat by candle light.  It certainly sets the mood and with kids in high school, we need a mood!  Their fast paced, on-the-go lives need a sense of peace and tranquility too.  I still like to eat together as a family.  Some nights our dinners are very late to accommodate all our schedules; some nights we just can't pull it together.  

The current candles on my table ooze romance.  A wine bottle and a glass!  They were hand made by a friend and former neighbor's husband.  I hadn't realized his hobby was really his business!  The Austrian Atelier.  How cool!  In college I spent a few years working at a local candle shop and truly appreciate a good quality candle.  These are better than great!  They are made with palm wax.  They burn cleaner and are made from a renewable resource!  Even their flame is beautiful.  

2 comments:

sweetcakes said...

Very pretty! I want to eat dinner at your house. ;)

Steph said...

That is very pretty! And I love that your family eats together. Our family did when I was a child, and those times are some of my best memories.