...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Friday, October 16, 2009

For the Birds and Teasing a Cat!

This Friday morning finds me with a surprise day home.  No children or husband... just me and the Burrow.  I am trying to do some much needed cleaning but I keep getting side-tracked!  I noticed my dome-feeder is empty outside my kitchen window, so I made up some "Bluebird Food".  All the birds like it.  I stopped adding the raisins but continue with the unsalted nuts.  
I know you can't see the label I have added to the nuts but it says "For the Birds!"  
My family likes eating the unsalted nuts too!  
This recipe is seriously easy.  
With a pastry blender in hand it only takes a few minutes to blend the food together.  

Within minutes the birds are flitting about the feeder.  
While I was taking the above pictures, Lily (one of the cats in my household) was having a spasm under me.  When I looked down I realized she was totally being teased by the birds!  Poor Indoor Baby!  :)
Every time I look out back something else catches my attention.  I re-filled my hummingbird feeders today with the last of the syrup I had in the 'fridge.  I was thinking all the hummers here have gone, but just a few minutes ago a solo bird was sipping from my feeder.  I will keep my feeders up and fresh through the end of this month.  

And can you tell these babies are getting their winter coat?  This little girl and four or five of her family members keep popping out of the woods behind my house.  
Really, how am I ever going to finish cleaning my house today?  

1 comment:

parTea lady said...

Sounds like what you have been doing is much more fun than house cleaning. :-)