...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

It's Here! :(

I know I posted this photo in April in jest.  

My teenage daughter has the flu right now.  Her fever this morning was at 102.7.  Achy head, burning up, feeling dizzy, a little cough, runny nose...poor thing.  H1N1 has been confirmed at her high school.  

We are hunkering down and drinking lots of fluids.  Gma and Gpa next door are not allowed to visit, but Gma did make chicken soup for lunch today.  

I hope all my friends are staying healthy.  

5 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

awww i am so sorry your daughter is sick and hope you all don't get it! poor thing:) hope she gets better soon dear! are you giving her anything beside grandma's chicken soup?

parTea lady said...

Sorry to hear it. Hope she will be well soon, and also that nobody else in your household gets sick.

Lisa said...

Thanks Ladies!

So far the rest of us are staying fever free. Hopefully that will continue.

Leslie- She's drinking lots of fluids too. She's a little picky so it's hard to get her to use the stuff I would use to help myself out. A mother's suggestions are not wise to a teen...you know they know way more than we do! :) So, as long as she's staying hydrated I won't complain or argue.
*****
Still with the fever today...but down a tad - 101.6.

Steph said...

I hope she feels better soon!

Lauranie said...

I hope that by now, everyone is feeling better!! It has been all around us, but thankfully we've been staying well!! Some of the "wounded" are saying Tamiflu has helped with their children, I don't think they are giving it to adults, though!