...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Friday, December 05, 2008

Secret to Share, but ACT QUICKLY!!! Sat. & Sun. ONLY!

So, tonight was the first night of IU's Jacob School
 of Music's
 Nutcracker.  My daughter
 is a lead officer and soldier in it and after I picked her up tonight, she's only in the first act, she asked if we were watching it on-line.
  Bad Mom!  I didn't even think about this!  

But, there are three more performances, and you all could possibly see it on-line...even in Vienna!  Here's the link:  Nutcracker.  Tomorrow at 2pm and 8pm, and Sunday at 2pm all Bloomington time, you can watch the production free and live!   Sorry, you'll have to each figure out the time conversions.  Go to the above link and click on the "Streaming Video" Nutcracker picture on the right upper-hand corner of the page.  
-----
So, I'll admit that I did copy and paste this from both my family blogs.  I am feeling a bit braggy, but one shouldn't watch this because my daughter is in it.  They should check it out because it's a beautiful performance.  IU has a contract with Sony, so they have received all new cameras on campus.  I watched a bit of the performance after my daughter was home and it is great!  It's a wonderfully clear picture.  

How lucky to be able to watch something as incredible as the Nutcracker to put one in the Christmas spirit.  Grab a cup of coffee or tea and snuggle up with your computer!  You really will love it!  

:)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

If you watch the show, I have some updates on my daughter...yes, the bragging mom in me is coming out!, today she's the shortest of the first two soldiers who come out from the castle. Tomorrow she'll be in a blue coat. There are only five or six officers, and I am pretty sure she's the shortest there too. During the battle scene, the nutcracker hands her his sword and then she hands it back later.

:)