...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Day in Augusta, GA...

Yesterday my husband and I spent the day in our car traveling to Augusta, GA. We came to support our son who happens to be a member of the State of Indiana High School Science Champion team. Today is the National competition! Tomorrow we'll travel home.

Most of the science competition events are study events and therefore not viewable by spectators. We did go watch and cheer on our son at his viewable event. And then, while we were waiting my husband and I shared the day exploring! Here's just a a taste of what we did...

Walked to an outdoor amphitheatre. The view is across the river is of the South Carolina part of Augusta. I didn't realise the town spread out like it does!

On this elevated walkway we found a true sundial!

At lunch we had Fried Green Tomatoes!
Had my photo with a statue of James Brown. Bummer, even he was taller than me! :)

Other things we did: Toured Woodrow Wilson's boyhood home, ate more great, local chow, went to a local festival, looked at antiques and walked through a car show...one of those where all the cars are super shiny and have the hoods raised...
Augusta is a very fun place to visit! I'd come back here in a heartbeat. Good food, friendly souls, and lots to do and see. In just a few minutes my husband and I will head back downtown to see the awards ceremony from today's events. Win or lose, we are proud parents of our science guy and his teammates!

1 comment:

parTea lady said...

Congrats on your sons Science Team achievements.

I've never been to Augusta, but I really want to go after seeing your photos and reading your post.