...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Phil's Brother!

Well, that didn't take long!  

Phil either has a brother, a sister or a spouse.  

I looked out into the backyard today and this is what I saw.  Again, we just need to work on co-existing.  I don't mind the burrow at the end of the yard.  We kindly call that the summer cottage.  It's the winter residence that needs to be vacated - up under our porch.  

On another animal matter, while weeding yesterday I was stung by a bee.   I found out the hard way that there was a nest of ground bees in my front flower bed.  One little guy stung me through my glove.  It was so painful!  I can't imagine if I didn't have my glove on how it would have been.  This morning when I got up I found that something, and I assume it was the skunk, eliminated my bee problem.  That is one of the perks of co-existing.  

2 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

oh hootie i imagine that is phil"s wife!! you better transport her to where you took him! yup, i bet a skunk got the ground bees and they do hurt. what is even worse is to step on them barefoot! yow!! pick a plantain leaf to use on any more bee stings hon. really helps! hugs :)

parTea lady said...

We first learned about ground bees in Winder, GA when my son was a little boy. He liked to find a big stick and walk around the woods pounding with it.

One day I heard screaming and ran outside to hear him yelling "it bit me, it bit me". My first thought was that he's been bitten by a snake.

He had a lump the size of an egg on his neck. Luckily some Benadryl took care of the swelling. Their bite is painful.