...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Winner, Winner, Winner!

Wow!  A few weeks ago I had a lucky streak!  Being stuck on the couch after surgery, I was bored out of my mind, but had my laptop at hand.  I was browsing the Sew, Mama, Sew! blog and the other blogs I read and found out about a TON of giveaways going on.  I found a bunch of new blogs to my list of favorites.  That alone was a big win for me!  

I was lucky enough to win two of those giveaways and one that another friend was hosting!  

Here's my booty! 

From: Robyn at robayre
Some of the COOLEST handmade/recycled paper envelopes.  The first person I plan on writing to is my husband's Aunt in South Carolina.  She's not one with the computer age.  I hope you can click on my pictures to see up close all these wonderful treats!  Regardless, I hope you'll go check out these ladies blogs and Robyn's Etsy shops  
From:  Kendra at The Bead Goes On...
Is this awesome or what?  I know just the person I'm going to use the cupcakes tag  on when her birthday is here in a few months!  Cute, cute, cute!!!!!
And closer to home...From Steph at Steph's Cup of Tea
Steph is one of the most knowledgeable people I know in the world of tea.  As part of her giveaway she has offered me a tea tasting for four!  I am going to share this experience with my daughter and we both have plans to invite a friend.  The tough part will be whom to invite?  Steph included a handmade book mark with her treats.  You can see it has all ready found a home in my current read.  I thought the stamp Steph used on her goodie bag was appropriate too!  
If you check out my profile, you'll see that one of my favorite books is called Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier.  Above is the second book I have found which is not by the long deceased author but about her characters.  I'm only 20 or so pages into the book so I'll report later on my thoughts about this.  

3 comments:

Steph said...

You are a lucky duck, too! Congratulations!!!!

Comfrey Cottages said...

very wonderful prizes hootie! i have a friend who is super lucky. whenever we go to county extension office gardener events together, that has door prizes, i always rub her head and then i win!lol good for you girl! big hugs :)

sweetcakes said...

Well, maybe a little of the luck that you (and Steph) have can rub off on me. ;)

What a generous prize from Steph....have fun at the tea tasting!