...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thank You Edison, Tesla, Wheeler and Mark!

According to Wikipedia:  "When Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla introduced electrical power in the late 19th and early 20th centuries for the public, the personal electrical fan was introduced. Between 1882 and 1886, Dr. Schuyler Skaats Wheeler developed the two-bladed desk fan, a type of personal electric fan. It was commercially marketed by the American firm Crocker & Curtis electric motor company." 

Yesterday I thought I was having a hot flash.  There was a heat advisory in place.  Still, my house felt pretty hot inside and I really thought it was just me.  

I went out for the afternoon and when I came back I suspected it was not me but really my A/C which had the hot flash.  

Thank goodness for my old box fans who usually just sit tucked away in my attic.  Thank goodness for the men who created them in the first place.  And thank goodness for repairmen who come to the rescue.  

At least I hope my rescue is coming.  

Stay turned for my next post, either "Melting Mama" or "Cooling Off, Chickie".  :)

No comments: