...random thoughts, opinions and secrets on children... aging... cooking... crafts... nature...divorce...second chances...
and whatever else I deem curious...
~Copyright 2017. Hootie~

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sprinkled with Pixie Dust!

I am about ready in my Disney Tips to "Park Hop" with my reviews.  I do enjoy the Magic Kingdom, but my mood and memories wander from park to park.  
*****

Being in any of the parks during the day light hours is fun.  Though something magical happens as the sun sets.  I wouldn't be surprised if the team at Disney hasn't figured out a way to create pixie dust and then spread it via dusk rays.  
Cinderella's castle by day light.  

There are so many great Kodak photo spots (my brother and I share special memories of these!) around the Magic Kingdom and all the parks. 
 Don't forget to put yourself in these pictures!
NOTE:  Sorry about the underline.  It's unintentional.  
Cinderella's castle by night.  
The lights shining on the castle change color every 15 seconds or so.  It's captivating to watch!  Of course I tried to capture a photo of the castle in every color.  
Here is the castle with an evening view of the restaurant,
 Cinderella's Royal Table.

Dining in the castle is probably worth the $60.00 a person.  It's a character meal, which means while you eat you'd meet and get autographs from Cinderella, Belle, Snow White and Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty).  It's a Gothic/medieval atmosphere and there are complimentary photos with this price.  My kids are beyond this dining experience.  And with a soon to be 17 year old son, I wouldn't mind it if he started looking for a REAL princess!  I'm sure he'd tell me to mind my own business.  

But, a truly beautiful thing to see is under the castle.  Not below ground, just through it.  During the day these mosaic wall pictures are impossible to fully capture.  On my last trip I mentioned that we took full advantage of the Extra Magic Hours.  At 2 in the morning I made a point of walking through Cinderella's Castle as we headed back to our resort.  I was alone, something extremely rare at Disney World, as I walked here and I was able to pause and set my shots.  

Click on the pictures to see the detail, but better yet go see these master pieces in person!  



~Your Disney World Connoisseur, Hootie 

No comments: